Wednesday 29 June 2011

Paradise (almost) Lost

Today is the day!  We are heading out on an almost 8 hour journey to Pratt Lake, Sk for 5 days, and I can't wait.  Pratt Lake is paradise, our friends who host us are fantastic, and it is just such a relaxing vacation.  I have a few things left to do today before we head out, but last night our plans almost came to a screeching halt.

I was lying in bed reading last night when I heard Abby give a little cough, which I thought nothing of.  Then she gave a choky cough that was enough to make me jump out of bed and rush to her room, where she was laying on her back vomiting.

Remember all those times where I have marvelled at how much she can eat?  Well, I was able to gauge he stomach contents quite well last night.  Ty was a trooper and came up from watching a movie to grab all of her laundry while I gave her a bath.  Puke was EVERYWHERE on her...on her body, under her chin, in her ear, in her hair...ick.  I didn't want to nurse her in case it was gastro, so I gave her a bottle of water and settled her back in bed...and pro ceded to head back into that room every hour until 5:30, and sleep with the baby monitor on even though our rooms are side by side.

As worried as I was about her, I was also worried our travel plans would be affected.  Isn't that selfish?  I can't help it though, I am so looking forward to going and showing Abby all of the cool things there!  Tyler and I were talking about how excited we are to put her in the sand and let her explore.

She seems to be on the mend this morning, so we are crossing our fingers that all is well.  I wont be posting for about a week, so I will see you back then!

No comments:

Post a Comment