Wednesday 8 June 2011

Rainy Day Tuesday AND Recipe Post

Yesterday I decided that I was going to need to have Abby at home, so rather than take her to my sister's house to watch the Littles, I had them come here.  Stroke of genius if you ask me, aside from the fact that I had to lock my dogs in my bedroom because it was absolutely pouring rain.  Again.  Ugh.
 
What to do with 3 kids under 5 (my baby included) for about 5 hours when it is raining buckets and we can't go outside? 
  
When it looks like this outside...

This and a movie is my first go to


Then we burn off some energy!
 
By running around in circles!


This is what happens when you turn your back for TWO SECONDS.  Might I point out that Ryann is in a bucket?
So, that kept us amused for about an hour and a half, and then Ryann started getting a little bored.  As such, we decided to do an "invention".   Ry and I do a lot of inventions, mostly because she is a picky eater and I find letting her create something is the best way to get her to eat a balanced meal.  We decided to make some muffins, and as such, bananapeanutbutterchocolateoatmealchocolatechip muffins were born.  And YES!  THEY ARE STILL VEGAN!  Yay!


Creating up a storm


Are they done yet?


Here is the recipe as best as I remember it...now keep in mind that this was an invention, so the measurements weren't by any means exact, but this is an approximation.

2 mashed, ripe bananas
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup water
3/4 cup peanut butter

Cream together then add

1 cup each whole wheat, white flour and oats
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cocoa
1/2 cup chocolate chips  (Bulk barn lists it's ingredients on the tubs, and I found a chocolate chip there that is dairy free. And this is a major score because carob chips are GROSS).

Mix together, pop into a greased muffin tin and bake at 350 degrees for about 20-22 minutes.  These are SO good, and are actually almost gone already!  They are a great sweet treat that are still half healthful!

No comments:

Post a Comment