Tuesday 31 May 2011

A heartfelt letter to a long lost friend.

Dear Gym,

 I miss you.  I really miss you.  I know I took a week off because I was sick and couldn't breathe.  I know after that I took a week off because I was being lazy.  Then I took another week off because my membership needed to be renewed and I was going away for two weeks and thought that would be a waste (I know, I know, another excuse).  And now, look at us.  I really want to be with you, but I can't!  I'm just not ready to go back.  My back is still in less than optimal shape, and I currently can't take more than two steps without becoming out of breath and feeling like I have fire in my chest due to this lovely chest cold I have adopted.

I love that you accept me and my friends in with open arms, and make us feel like a team.  You help us push and support each other in ways that bring us closer.  I like how you give me a sense of accomplishment.  When I am away from you, I feel awful.  I don't eat as well as I normally do.  I don't feel good in my own skin.  I have bad days where I feel so awful about my body that I don't want to hang out in social situations.  You do good things for me, dear gym, and I appreciate that.

I'll be back soon, I promise.  I love how you make me feel.  I love how, no matter how unmotivated I feel when I come see you I can still dig down enough to get something out of our little rendezvous.  You love me for who I am.  I usually come to you looking less than beautiful, and leave looking even worse and you still give me a cute little slap on the bum that lets me know you had a good time too.


Until we meet again, please don't be mad.  I know I am going for walks outside, and that is so that I can get some strength back so that our first reunion isn't terrible.  I might even visit another so I can spend some time in the pool (yours is closed, what am I to do?).  You'll be on my mind though.  Believe me, I think about you every day.  I love you, I miss you, and I will see you soon.

Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment